Today we began a journey through the book of Galatians. It is written by the Apostle Paul to the church of Galatia. For the purpose of this 31 journey, I will be breaking the book down into bite-sized chunks and sharing the insights that my daughter and I discuss as we are studying.
We are looking at Galatians 1:1-5 today:
1 Paul, an apostle–not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead– 2 and all the brothers who are with me, To the churches of Galatia: 3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5 to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
Don’t you just love the way Paul opens this letter. He tells who he is …. just in case someone wasn’t sure. He lets us, the readers today, know who his audience is and he offers a greeting of “grace and peace”.
This is what I love the most ~ its grace and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Can’t we all use the grace and peace from the Lord? I know I can!
Paul also makes sure that we know who Jesus is. What His purpose was. AND that this purpose was according to the will of the Father.
I don’t know about you but it humbles me to think that God’s will was for His one and only Son to give Himself up for MY sins. His will was for this “giving up” to deliver ME from the present evil age.
It takes my breath away when I really contemplate it. And, you know what? I don’t REALLY contemplate it enough. I praise my Heavenly Father for such an incredible gift.
Joy to You!
PS: This will be my series “landing” page. Once the series is over, this page will have a complete list of the verses we covered day by day:
- Oct 1 – Galatians 1:1-5 (this post)
- Oct 2 – Galatians 1:6-9
- Oct 3 – Galatians 1:10
- Oct 4 – Galatians 1:11-17
- Oct 5 – Galatians 1:18-24
- Oct 6 & 7 – Galatians 2:1-10
- Oct 8 – Galatians 2:11-13
- Oct 9 – Galatians 2:14-16
- Oct 10 – Galatians 2:17-21
- Oct 11 – Galatians 3:1-5
- Oct 12 – Galatians 3:6-9
- Oct 13 – Galatians 3:10-14
- Oct 14 & 15 – Galatians 3:15-22
- Oct 16 & 17 – Galatians 3:23-29
- Oct 18 & 19 – Galatians 4:1-7
- Oct 20 – Galatians 4:8-16
- Oct 21 – Galatians 4:17-20
- Oct 22 – Galatians 4:21-31
- Oct 23 – Galatians 5:1-6.
- Oct 26 – Galatians 5:7-15 (this covers days 24-26)
- Oct 27 – Galatians 5:16-21
- Oct 28 – Galatians 5:22-26
- Oct 29 & 30 – Galatians 6:1-10
- Oct 31 – Galatians 6:11-18