As I begin “Blogging through the Alphabet” this time, I wrote about the Attributes of God for A. As I have continued my search in the Psalms for His attributes, I’ve decided to continue with that theme. So here we are again and for E, I have chosen…….
Recently I have had the opportunity to chat with two friends who live far away but are always close to my heart. They are the type that time and distance do not hinder. We can talk about the hard things. I can be open and honest without fear of judgement. We share about our kids, our marriages, our struggles, and our joys. As I hit the “end call” button, I felt renewed. I felt encouraged.
What does encourage mean?
to inspire with courage, spirit, or confidence
That’s what these, and other, friends do for me. They inspire.
Psalm 10:17 says, “You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,..” Isn’t that cool. God encourages us. He cares about us enough to place people in our lives for that purpose. AND He tells us to do the same.
- …learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow. ~ Isaish 1:17
- Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 1 Thessalonians 5:14
- Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage–with great patience and careful instruction. ~ 2 Timothy 4:2
- But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. ~ Hebrews 3:13
- Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another–and all the more as you see the Day approaching. ~ Hebrews 10:25
The Bible tells us how to encourage. When to encourage. And why we should encourage.
I am so thankful for those that God has placed in my life for encouragement.
I hope that you also have friends and loved ones who encourage you!
Joy to You!
Click over to Ben and Me to see what topic others chose for E as we “Blog through the Alphabet”