It’s my word for the year. You can see my post about it here. The definition for diligent is:
Steady in application to business; constant in effort or exertion to accomplish what is undertaken; assiduous; attentive; industrious; not idle or negligent
Here are a few verses that give us an idea what the Bible says about being diligent:
So take diligent heed to yourselves to love the LORD your God. (Joshua 23:11 NAS)
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15 NAS)
Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble (2 Peter 1:10 NAS)
Since April is upon us and the year is quickly going by this seems a perfect opportunity to do a pulse check on how I’m doing. My progress is mixed. In some of the areas I listed in my January post, I have been successful and in others, well……..I am successfully failing.
Here are the areas that I targeted in January:
- My time with the Lord ~ I’m doing pretty good with this one, but I will admit that I miss on ocassion.
- Scripture Memory ~ I continue to attempt to memorize 100 verses in 2013. These verses come from the book 100 Bible Verses Everyone Should Know By Heart by Robert J. Morgan. Since I am confessing, I’ll go ahead and admit that I am a little behind with my memorizing.
- Our homeschooling ~ Being organized was the big challenge for this one. I‘ve pretty much failed up to this point but I have a renewed sense of determination and am working hard on getting caught up.
- Patience ~ I think that maybe I’m doing okay with this one but I’m not 100% sure.
- Keeping my home ~ Some weeks I succeed. Some weeks I successfully fail!!!
- Health and healthy eating ~ This is a toss up. I am exercising some, drinking more water than in the past, and paying attention to what I cook for my family but I know I could do better.
- Relationships ~ I am sure I could be doing better on letting my family and friends know that I love and care about them.
As the year goes on, I will press forward with my effort to be diligent in all things.
Click HERE to see what others are “Blogging through the Alphabet” about for the letter D over at Ben and Me.
Joy to You!