Steady in application to business; constant in effort or exertion to accomplish what is undertaken; assiduous; attentive; industrious; not idle or negligentWhat does the Bible have to say about being DILIGENT? There are several verses but the one that stood out the most to me is 2 Peter 3:14 (ESV). It says:
Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace.
That was it! I want to be found by Him “without spot or blemish, and at peace.”
So, this year I will strive to be
- My time with the Lord ~ it should be the first thing I do in the mornings and the last thing I do before I go to sleep
- Scripture Memory ~ I’m reading 100 Bible Verses Everyone Should Know By Heart by Robert J. Morgan. There’s a Facebook group that you can join to help in memorizing the 100 verses in a year recommended to me by my friend Marcy. So I joined and am going to try
- Our homeschooling ~ Organized is probably a better word but diligence will bring about organization for me
- Patience ~ with myself and others. Especially others and especially my sweet husband and my kids
- Keeping my home ~ I firmly believe that being a wife and a mother is my calling from the Lord and so I need to fulfill my calling
- Health and healthy eating ~ I need to exercise and my family needs to eat better.
- Relationships ~ both near and far……….with family and friends. It’s my responsibility to be sure that those I care about know that I care about them.
I am sure there are more things that I can and will, hopefully, be diligent about and I’ll write about it along the way.
I’d love to hear if you have a word for this year that you are concentrating on. If you need some inspiration on choosing a word, my friend Marcy over at Ben and Me highlighted 50 friends and their word for the year. Stop by her site and get inspired!
Joy to You!